Gay & Lesbian Legal Affairs
- The legality of same-sex marriage is in a revolutionary period right now. Laws are changing rapidly in Colorado, and differ greatly between states. Further complications exist between the state and federal levels of government. We are passionate about making sure you have accurate and up-to-date information when making decisions for you and your partner. With our dedicated staff you will receive personal service to help you through the legal process to meet your goals.
Dissolution of Civil Unions
- Under Colorado Law, a civil union must be dissolved in a manner that is essentially identical to a proceeding for the dissolution of a marriage if the parties wish to terminate the civil union. We have a great deal of experience with dissolution proceedings as well as same-sex relationships and can provide comprehensive and sensitive support during this challenging time, and we will make sure your rights are protected.
Guardianship & Adoption
- Same-sex couples face unique challenges when it comes to having a family. Our experienced team will work with you to find the best way to fulfill your dream.
- Wills and trusts are an important part of making sure your loved ones are taken care of should something happen to you. Formal legal documentation removes doubt and dispute over what your wishes are. Let us give you the peace of mind knowing that your family is well provided for no matter what happens.
- Discrimination and hate crimes are serious matters that should not be taken lightly. Although no amount of recourse can make the memories go away, we will work to make things as right as possible for you.